Monday, December 17, 2012

Saturday

Oooooh, that's why I'm easy, easy like Sunday morning..
No, Lionel, no, Saturday.

Anyway, Saturday I went over my my Mom's house to bake. Because baking is wonderful and so is my Mom. In the spirit of Christmas we decided to make reindeer cookies. Adorable reindeer cookies. See..

Notice the blob of a cookie with an M&M in it? That is the result of leftover dough.

These cookies are soooo simple and soooo adorable.

To make these cookies use your favorite sugar cookie recipe, no point in me telling you which to use. For the shape of the reindeer head we used a cookie cutter in the shape of a bell. Turn the bell upside down when you decorate, so that the clapper (part inside the bell that makes that lovely noise) can be used as the nose. Then add M&Ms for the eyes and nose, pretzels for the ears. Presto!

Ideally, you should add these in before you bake them, so that they bake right in and you don't have to use icing. However, my Mom and I didn't remember that point until the last tray, that only had six cookies on it (the tray shown in the picture). So, we stuck everything else on with icing. Simple solution for simple cookies!

While visiting at my parent's I gotta play with the wonderful animals they have.
This is Dio. Look how cute.


This is Alice cat. (By the way, Dio was named after the one and only Ronnie James Dio, and Alice after the infamous Alice Cooper) This was the best out of five pictures, she wouldn't sit still for anything.


And this is my Sasha girl. Who seemed very sad that Mom was putting all the cookies away.


And after the baking and decorating my Dad took me on a hike in the woods to find a Christmas tree. That is now decorating and sitting in my living room.

Ignore the lights slightly dangling at the bottom, one word explanation: kittens.

Although the holiday season has already started: Have a wonderful holiday season (regardless of what holiday you celebrate)! And, more posts to come within the following days!

No comments:

Post a Comment